Medical Web Use example
This is an example Medical Web Use survey. This survey includes questions like:
Does your office provide a website for patients?
Which of the following does your website provide for patients? (Check all that apply)
Do you recommend medical websites to your patients?
We hope this will help you create your own
Medical Web Use survey. We
have not tested the validitiy or reliability of this survey. However, you may
use this as a starting point to help your own survey instrument. Feel free to
change and edit any of our survey templates to help you get started.
1) Does your office provide a website for patients?
No (go to question 3)
2) Which of the following does your website provide for patients? (Check all that apply)
3) Do you recommend medical websites to your patients?
No (go to question 5)
4) Please list below the medical websites you have recommended to your
patients. Include web addresses (URLs) if possible.
5) Do you recommend specific medical discussion forums to your
6) Do you use the Internet to access medical care or treatment information?
No (go to question 8)
7) What websites do you access for medical care or treatment information?
8) Do you use web-based case studies for continuing education credits?
9) How often do patients discuss with you medical information they have obtained from the Internet?
10) In what ways has medical information your patients received from the Internet been helpful in treating your patients? (Check all that apply)
11) In what ways has medical information your patients received over the Internet been harmful or impeded patient care? (Check all that apply)
12) Please tell us of any medical websites that you feel are particularly harmful for patients to obtain information from.
13) Are you male or female?
14) What is your age?
15) How long have you been in practice?
Less than 1 year
More than 20 years
16) Do you work in private practice, clinic or medical group, or in a hospital?